This week’s Name was Al Quddus, commonly translated as ‘The Holy One’.
Some of the concepts we discussed at Sohbet on Sudney were:
- Al Quddus brings up ideas of Sacredness, purity
- bearing no resemblance to the created
- unique purity of Allah
- pure faith vs doubt
- in the body – organs that purify the blood – liver changes chemicals, spleen eats dead cells, kidneys
- how do the organs in the body know what is pure/healthy? – evolution
- Nur-i-Muhammad – purest expression of a human being. the universe becoming aware of itself
- the universe is a wholistic regenerating system, which can be aware of itself
- fear vs faith – fear of going against the grain, rocking the boat, but what fulfils the purity and helps grow our faith & our belief?
- waves – you can’t stop a wave, you can’t stop the truth
- nafs – emotional & spiritual liver work
- purity of the moment, listening to now
- Al Quddus is beyond everything we can understand, anything we look at is a very poor reflection or shadow of what Al Quddus is.
What do you think?